Thursday, October 17, 2013

What the heck is Indiegogo?


I've just recently learned about 'crowdfunding'.  If you're unfamiliar (as I was), here's a definition:

"Crowdfunding (alternately crowd financingequity crowdfundingcrowd-sourced
fundraisingis the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their money, usually
via the Internetto support efforts initiated by other people or organizations" Wikipedia

Sounds cool right?! But I didnt think it could apply to me.  And who would just GIVE me money for this dream of mine anyway?? But the more I looked, the more businesses and startups I saw that use it.  You pretty much are pitching your business/service/product to the world! You set a funding goal, and wait for some kind souls to donate to you. 

So I read a little further, and I see I saw that even FAMOUS people use crowdfunding!!! (And we just love doing what the rich and famous do, don't we?)  For example, Spike Lee used popular crowdfunding site Kickstarter to raise $1M for a new movie! And the ridiculously handsome James Franco raised $320,000 to produce films based on his book on Indiegogo!!!

So after so research, I did decide to make a campaign on Indiegogo.  Its really great because you can pretty much set all your own parameters.  You choose your “funding goal” or how much money you want to ask for, you can offer your contributors perks like offers or samples and things of the like.  You can also set the contribution tiers.  For example, mine are $10, $15, $25, $50 and $100.  Indiegogo gives you all the templates to tell your story, upload pictures, and really capture your audience of potential contributors!!!

One thing the campaign does a good job of doing is offering a level of complete transparency.  They ask what your plans are for the money youre raising, and ask you to really share and sell yourself.  So you guys should check out my campaign! And if you feel so moved, feel free to donate!! Lol

Heres the link: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/from-the-same-cloth-childrens-resale/x/5079965

and heres a little badge to take you right to the campaign!


No comments:

Post a Comment