Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who I am

I think the new blog is a perfect place to tell you a little about who I am and where 'From the Same Cloth' came from. I am Kristen. A wife, mother and thrifty shopper. And that's where 'From the Same Cloth' came from: Thrifty Shopping.

Ive always been a person who loved a good deal. But only in the last few years have I begun to LOVE Thrift shopping. I mean, who wouldnt??? Items for less than $1?? shirts, skirts, and home goods for less than ten bucks?!?! You cant beat that.

When I found out I was pregnant, I was overwhelmed with the thought of all the new things I would get my little bean.  But as my bean grew, and we found out it would be a boy, I knew there was no way clothes would last. Suddenly ideas of dirt, grass stains, scrapes and bruises flooded my mind! There was no way I would be spending tons of money on new things!

And thus, my like for thrifting grew into a full blown love affair. I thrifted every chance I got and in just about every size. I knew that this kid was gonna grow fast and I wanted to be prepared. As it turns out, my (big) bean was so loved even before his arrival that he had tons of new, passed down and (mommy) thrifted clothes!

And now a year later, my new baby was born.  From the Same Cloth features clothes straight out of my son's closet.  My stock is composed largely of things we simply "didn't get to"; clothes that he was only able to wear once, clothes I never got anything to match with, and things he simply was too big for by the time it was found! lol

So now im passing these things on to you. In hopes that you'll find things your little one will love and can make memories in.


~Kristen


p.s a quick photo of the special man that made this all possible lol




No comments:

Post a Comment